Xiameter OFS-6040 Silane is a bifunction silane containing a glycidoxy reactive organic group and a trimethoxysilyl inorganic group. Xiameter OFS-6040 Silane is used in the finish on fiberglass rovings. Xiameter OFS-6040 Silane is effective in improving the physical properties of the mineral-filled polymer such as silica-filled epoxy resin.
Glycidoxypropyltrimethoxysilane CH2(O)CHCH2OC3H6-Si(OCH3)3 – Coupling agent for many thermoset resins with glass or mineral fillers. Color is clear liquid, flash point open cup is 122 deg C. Use in a wide variety of surface treatment and coupling agent application.
- Epoxy reactivity
- Methoxysilyl inorganic reactivity
- Improves adhesion
- Increases composite strength properties
- Increased composite wet and dry tensile strength and modulus
- Increased composite wet and dry flexural strength and modulus
- Increased wet and dry compressive strength
- Better appearance
- Better filler wet-out and dispersion
- Lower viscosity of filled liquid resins
- Improved processability
|Specific gravity at 25°C (77°F)||1.07|
|Flash point-closed cup||°C (°F)||>101 (>213)|
|Purity by GC||%||>98.5|