Enhanced, flexible, in-line, modular selective soldering system
Designed as a modular system, the Synchrodex Pro range of in-line equipment offers the ultimate in flexibility with the ability to upgrade to high-speed throughput when multiple modules are placed together.
Our Synchrodex Pro is a modular system with a range of in-line equipment offering the ultimate in flexibility, with the ability to upgrade to high-speed throughput when multiple modules are placed together.
The standard Synchrodex Pro solder module is supplied with an on-board Drop-Jet flux head and offers top side and bottom side slide in/out infra-red pre-heat linked to closed-loop pyrometer control. Pillarhouse can also configure any of our frame sizes to operate as dedicated fluxing and/or I.R./convection heating modules, which, when placed in-line with solder module(s), will significantly increase production throughput.
Our 1600mm solder module offers the ability to process PCBs using either a single or dual-bath operating format. Single bath operation allows for an alternate nozzle process on a single 610mm x 610mm PCB. Dual-bath operation allows for a dual-board, simultaneous, independent nozzle process for increased soldering flexibility on 420mm x 610mm PCBs. Pillarhouse’s uniquely flexible approach is facilitated via a software controlled, mechanical three pin stop arrangement on the conveyor section allowing for either single or dual PCB management.
Our largest PCB handling capability of 1143mm x 610mm can be achieved when using the XL frame size.
The Synchrodex Pro can be configured with any of the currently available Pillarhouse solder technologies, including single point AP-1, patented 1.5mm micronozzle, Jet-Wave and custom multi-dip. Easy, rapid non-contact solder pot changeover is facilitated via the optional heated pot exchange trolley.
The Synchrodex Pro is controlled by a PC through our next generation PillarCOMM.NET, a Windows® based ‘Point & Click’ interface with PCB image display. Additionally, PillarCOMM.NET has an offline package that allows the operator to produce programs independently from the machine using Gerber data.
- Up to 1140mm x 610mm (45” x 24”) board handling with 610mm x 610mm (24″ x 24″) as standard
- Interchangeable Mechanical or Magnetic solder bath and pump
- Lead-free solder capability
- Inerted Nitrogen system
- Set of AP style solder nozzle tips
- Automatic nozzle conditioning system
- Thermal nozzle calibration
- Solder level detect and motorised wire feeder
- Wave height correction
- DC drives on all axes
- Colour programming camera
- Automatic fiducial correction
- Drop Jet fluxer
- Internal fume extraction
- Integral PC and monitor
- New PillarCOMM control software
- Multiple level password protection
- IPC-2591 (CFX), Smart Factory ready
- Flux spray, flow and spray & flow
- Pump rpm
- O2 ppm
- Nitrogen flow
- High definition process viewing camera
- Top side IR preheat, with closed-loop control
- Motorised underside IR preheat, at all cell positions
- Ultrasonic fluxing
- Dual Drop-Jet / Ultrasonic fluxing
- Laser-based PCB warp correction
- Micro nozzle assembly
- Solder reel identification
- Nitrogen generator
- Height: 1391mm / 55” – excluding light stack
- Width: 958mm / 38“
- Depth: 2010mm / 79”
- Board size: Max. – 1140mm x 610mm (45” x 24”) or 610mm x 610mm (24″ x 24″)
Min. – 102mm x 102mm / 4”x 4”
- Edge clearance: Above/below 3mm
- Height clearance: Below 40mm – above 45mm
100mm – upon request
- Solder: Most commonly used solder types – including lead-free
- Solder pot capacity: 20kg standard
- Applicators: AP style – 2.5 – 16mm dia.
Extended and Jet-Tip nozzles – up to 25mm dia.
Jet-Wave nozzles – up to 25mm width
75mm and 150mm Wave nozzle
- Flux: Low maintenance Drop-Jet system. Low solids (below 8%), no clean flux, pressurised and inerted system, optional water-soluble system available
- Flux tank capacity: 1 litre
- Fluxer speed: 50 dots/second
- Deposition size: 4.0-6.0mm / 0.16-0.24”
- X, Y & Z axis resolution: 0.15mm
- Repeatability: +/- 0.05mm
- Nitrogen supply pressure: 5 bar / 72 psi
- Nitrogen usage: 30-100 litres/min. – solder nozzle configuration dependent
- Nitrogen purity: 99.995% or better
- Air supply pressure: 5 bar / 72 psi
- Air usage: 10 litres/min. / 0.35 CFM
- Power supplies: Three-phase + neutral + PE
- Voltage: 230 V phase to neutral / 400V phase to phase
- Frequency: 50/60Hz
- Power: Machine configuration dependent – contact your local Pillarhouse representative
- Transport: Conveyor