Ultra-flexible, offline, multi-platform selective soldering system
Designed to meet the needs of the small batch manufacturer who requires high levels of production flexibility. The Jade Pro offers the ability to regularly change solder alloys without incurring expensive down time, whilst the solder bath cools down and heats up during a regular manual changeover process.
The Jade Pro is a handload system, incorporating a universally adjustable tooling carrier capable of accommodating PCBs or pallets up to 457mm x 508mm.
As standard, the Jade Pro is configured with our Duplex twin solder bath arrangement. This twin independent Z axis solder bath arrangement offers increased production flexibility by permitting use of two different nozzle tip sizes within any single process programme, which can be allocated as process requirements dictate within any particular area on a PCB. Alternatively, different solder alloys can be utilised within this single machine setup.
The Jade Pro series is controlled by a PC, through PillarCOMM, a Windows® based ‘Point & Click’ interface with a PCB image display.
Additionally, our PillarPAD offline programming package allows the operator to produce programs independently from the machine using Gerber data.
- DC servo drives
- Integral PC and machine mounted monitor
- Twin solder bath capability on independent Z axis
- Inerted Nitrogen system
- Internal fume extraction
- Titanium Drop-Jet fluxer
- Universally adjustable tooling carrier
- Auto motorised wire solder feed & level detect
- Solder bath coding – identifies correct bath for program
- Solder wave height measurement and correction
- Set of AP style solder nozzle tips
- Thermal nozzle calibration system using integrated setting camera
- Auto-nozzle conditioning system
- Manual fiducial correction system
- Colour programming camera
- Process viewing camera(s)
- Multilevel password protection
- Light stack
- PillarCOMM Windows® based ‘Point & Click’ interface
- PillarPAD offline programming system
- Lead-free compatible
- Day-to-day service kit
- Flux presence sensor – thermistor style
- Flux spray, flow and spray & flow
- Pump rpm
- O2 ppm
- Nitrogen flow
- Top-side instant IR preheat
- Bottom-side slide in / out instant IR preheat
- Closed loop pyrometer temperature control
- Bottom side hot Nitrogen selective preheat
- Automatic fiducial correction
- Ultrasonic fluxing
- Dual Drop-Jet / ultrasonic fluxing
- Laser PCB warp correction
- Micro nozzle assembly
- Large solder bath for dedicated single dip applications
- Solder bath removal trolley
- Solder reel identification
- Larger PCB handling size
- Height: 1230mm / 48” to 2025mm / 80″- with light stack
- Width: 1250mm / 49“ to 1700mm / 67”- with side auto changer
- Depth: 1495mm / 59”
1720mm / 68” with flux bottles
- Board size: 457mm x 508mm / 18”x 20”
- Edge clearance: Above / below 3mm
- Height clearance: Above / below 40mm nominal 90mm max. top-side only
- Solder: Most commonly used solder types – including lead-free
- Solder pot capacity: 20kg standard – 30kg large bath
- Applicators: AP style – 2.5mm to 16mm dia.
Extended AP style – 2.5mm to 20mm dia.
Micro nozzle – 1.5mm to 2.5mm
Jet-Tip style – 6mm to 40mm dia.
Jet-Wave style – up to 25mm width
Special dedicated nozzles available upon request
- Flux: Low maintenance Drop-Jet system. Low solids (below 8%), no clean flux, pressurised and inerted system, optional water-soluble system available
- X, Y & Z Axis resolution: 0.1mm
- Repeatability: +/- 0.05mm
- Nitrogen usage: Up to 40 litres gas/min per bath with standard AP solder nozzle, 5 bar pressure.
Refer to Pillarhouse for Nitrogen usage requirement with dedicated multi-tube nozzle assemblies.
- Nitrogen purity: 99.995% or better
- Air supply pressure: 5 bar / 72 psi
- Power supplies: Three-phase + neutral + PE
- Voltage: 230V phase to neutral / 400V phase to phase
- Frequency: 50/60Hz
- Power : Maximum 9kVA per phase machine configuration dependent
- Transport: Hand load
- Tooling: Integral adjustable board guides, includes finger extensions and board clamps.
- Programming: PillarCOMM Windows® based ‘Point & Click’ interface