Designed to meet the needs of lean manufacturing, the Jade Handex offers high-speed flexible throughput at minimal cost.
The Jade Handex is equipped with a revolutionary twin PCB rotary table transport system to allow simultaneous load/unload during product processing.
Our new generation, patented Drop-Jet design fluxer offers quick and effective flushing of the pressurised flux chamber. This helps to keep maintenance levels to a minimum whilst enabling the use of higher solids content fluxes, as well as water-soluble fluxes.
As part of the entry-level philosophy for this system, a newly designed low maintenance solder bath and pump mechanism has been developed which moves in three axes of movement, whilst not limiting access to the PCB. Solder is applied using proven technology through our AP-1 nozzle design or custom specialised nozzles, incorporating patented spiral solder return-to-bath technology, offering reduced solder balling potential.
As with more sophisticated Pillarhouse systems, the soldering process is enhanced by an inerted hot Nitrogen curtain, providing an inert atmosphere for the soldering process, assisting the prevention of oxidation. This process provides a local pre-heat to the joint, thus reducing thermal shock to localised components.
The Jade Handex is controlled by a PC, through PillarCOMMX, a Windows® based “Point & Click” interface with PCB image display.
Additionally, our PillarPAD offline package allows the operator to produce programs independently from the machine using Gerber data.
- Integral PC and machine mounted TFT monitor
- Motorised auto solder top up & level detect
- Inerted Nitrogen system
- Titanium Drop-jet fluxer
- Rotary indexing table with twin work holding positions
- Set of AP-1 solder nozzle tips
- Internal fume extraction
- Colour programming camera
- Process viewing camera with record feature
- Manual fiducial correction system
- Multiple level password protection
- Flux level sensor
- Solder wave height measurement and correction system
- Thermal nozzle calibration system using integrated setting camera
- Auto-nozzle conditioning system
- Pump rpm monitoring
- PillarCOMM windows software
- PillarPAD offline programming system
- Lead free capability
- Day-to-day service kit
- Flux presence sensor – thermistor style
- Flux spray monitoring
- Flux flow monitoring
- Flux spray & flow monitoring
- O2 ppm monitoring
- Nitrogen flow monitoring
- Ultrasonic fluxing
- Dual drop-jet / ultrasonic fluxing
- Top side instant I.R. pre-heat
- Bottom side slide in / slide out I.R. pre-heat
- Pyrometer closed loop temperature control
- Automatic fiducial correction system
- Laser board warpage control
- Solder reel identification
- Solder bath coding (identifies correct bath for program)
- Encoders on X, Y and Z axis
- Nitrogen generator
- Height: 1627mm (64”) – (excluding light tower)
- Width: 1900mm (74“)
- Depth: 2508mm (99”)
- Maximum Board size: 457mm x 508mm (18” x 20”)
- Edge Clearance: Above / below 3mm
- Height Clearance: Above 95mm / below 45mm nominal
- Solder: All commonly used solder types (including Lead Free)
- Solder pot capacity: 15kg (33lb) – standard
25kg (55lb) – large bath
- Applicators: AP-1 style (2.5, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12mm)
Extended and Jet-Tips (up to 25mm dia)
Jet-Wave (up to 25mm width)
150mm Wide Wave nozzle
- Flux: Low maintenance drop-Jet system. Low solids, no clean flux, pressurised and inerted system, optional water soluble system available
- X, Y & Z Axis Resolution: 0.15mm
- Repeatability: +/- 0.05mm
- Nitrogen usage: 30-100 litres/min. – solder nozzle configuration dependent
- Nitrogen Purity: 99.995% or better
- Power Supplies: Single phase + PE
- Voltage: 230 V
- Frequency: 50/60Hz
- Power: 10.5kVA max. – Machine configuration dependent.