The Metcal MRS-1100A Modular Rework System is comprised of a convection tool, a pre-heater, an adjustable tool holder, and a free-standing board holder; combined, these components create a manually assisted rework system. A series of included nozzles, which target a variety of applications, round out the system.
With standard features such as programmability, a digital display, and program storage of up to 50 profiles, the MRS-1100A is not only versatile, but it is also easy and efficient to work with.
The MRS 1100A allows the user a choice of either the embedded profiling capability (can be configured to operate at a fixed temperature), or a four-zone programming option. The unit also allows the temperature to be controlled either at the heat output (internal) or at the board (external). The “external” control function uses a thermocouple which can be placed on the board or a component.
Four important components in the Metcal MRS-1000 electronic welding system:
- Metcal HCT-1000 Hand Held Convection Tool
- Metcal PCT-1000 Programmable Pre-heater
- Metcal ATH-1100A Adjustable Tool Holder
- Metcal LM-1000 Light Magnifier and Base Plate Assembly.
- Digital display for repeatable temperature settings and profile control
- Automatic control of pre-heater for simple operation
- Easy profile creation for operator repeatability
- Integrated vacuum pickup for easy component removal
- Handheld or tool holder mounted for operator comfort
- Manual mode for quick setup
- External thermocouple for process setup and verification
- Digital controlled airflow for repeatable results
- X, Y, Z and Theta controls for component alignment
- Adjustable PCB holder for easy change outs
- Automatic vacuum lift off at end of cycle
- Password lockout of programmed profiles