LOCTITE® 565™ is designed for the locking and sealing of metal pipes and fittings. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces and prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration.
Pipe sealant paste, allows adjustments prior to cure.
- Designed for the locking and sealing of metal pipes and fittings.
- Prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration
White to off-white, 1-part, low strength, high viscosity, anaerobically-cured, methacrylate ester, acrylic thread sealant LOCTITE® 565 Controlled Strength Thread Sealant is formulated specifically for metal tapered pipe thread fittings. Controlled lubricity prevents galling and protects from rust and corrosion. LOCTITE 565 replaces most tapes and pipe dopes. Cures rapidly to withstand 10,000 psi. Perfect as a replacement for pre-coated parts. Can be used on fittings up to 2 in. (50 mm) in diameter. CSA 3319-81 and 3319-01. UL MH007(N). NSF/ANSI 61 Certified. ULC-Canada Approved. CFIA Approved.
- Typical applications: NPT and Straight threads
- Max Pressure Resistance: 70MPa
- Temperature resistance: 150°C