CRC Zinc It is a weld through single component zinc-rich compound that offers the same advantages as hot-dip galvanising by forming a highly-protective coating with 95% highest purity zinc on bare steel or iron surfaces. It is ideal for repairing damaged galvanised surfaces or as a convenient and easy-to-apply alternative if hot-dip galvanising is not available.
The zinc particles fuse directly to clean metal and form an electro-chemical bond that – due to sacrificial anodisation of zinc – stops rust and rust creepage, even when scratched, abraded or dented.
The quick-drying, tough coating is resistant to salt corrosion, water and heat and makes CRC Zinc It the premium product if long-term protection in harsh conditions and highly corrosive environments is required.
CRC Zinc It provides excellent cover and is capable to be applied as a heavy film for extra protection without forming runs. Delivered from a unique aerosol system giving a smooth even coat.
Ongoing protection can be achieved through simple re-coating within 6 years, depending on conditions. Protection in extreme conditions may require re-application more frequently.
CRC Zinc It can act as a finish coat on clean iron, steel and their welds. Top-coating CRC Zinc It with another product of CRC’s Zinc coating range provides extra protection and a selection of bright metallic or coloured gloss finishes – the ultimate choice for your application.
If other colours are required, CRC Zinc It can be top-coated with most standard decorative paint systems for metals.
Features & Benefits
- Zinc-rich – 95% highest purity zinc in the dried film, fuses directly to iron or steel surfaces
- Weld through – Zinc It provides a unique coating that can be welded through
- Same advantages as hot-dip galvanising – Exceptional rust protection
- Excellent adhesive qualities – Forms a tough coat for long-term protection
- Easy application – High film build in one step
- Heavy-duty – Resistant to salt corrosion, water and heat. Powerful protection in harsh conditions
- High Heat Resistance – Up to 500°C
- Long-term corrosion protection – Corrosion Protection Factor 72 (up to 6 years outdoors, depending on conditions)
- Sacrificial anodisation of Zinc – Stops rust and rust creepage even when scratched, abraded or dented
- Fast drying – Touch dry in 20 minutes, recoat at any stage, full cure in 24 hours
- Easy re-application over existing film and/or clean surfaces – For ongoing protection
- Finish coat – Can act as the finish coat, no need for primer
- Excellent primer – May be over-coated with most standard protective paint systems for metal
- Does not contain CFCs, methylene chloride
- Excellent weldability
- MPI Approved C23
- Structural steel or frames – Welded seams, spot welding repairs, rivet holes, signs and signposts, pipes, roofs
- Electrical – Transformers, transmission towers, earth pegs
- Farm equipment – Water tanks, tank stands, fences, gates, animal raceways in milking sheds and yards, farm implements and tractor draw bars, metal junction, terminal boxes, pump equipment, corrugated metal buildings
- Boats and boat trailers – Shackles, winches, draw bars, subframes, wheel and guards
- Car or caravan – Inner door panels, tow bars, exhaust tail pipes and wheel protection under hub caps
- Perfect touch-up – For galvanised products which have been cut, drilled or welded
- At home – On iron railings, roofing and spouting, gutters, plumbing, ducting, radio and TV aerials, outdoor fixtures, hinges, fences and gates, wrought iron, air conditioning and refrigeration units
- Industrial – Equipment and machinery, machine housings
- Roading and Construction – Bridges, guard rails, lamp stands
- Wherever galvanising requires repair or bare steel or iron needs protection
- For use on steel or iron – Not effective when used on non-ferrous metals