Over time, carbon, varnish, and gum can naturally build up on a vehicle’s throttle body and throttle body bores. This can lead to an assortment of engine issues, including a loss in fuel economy, rough idling, stalling, or a glowing check engine light. CRC Throttle Body & Air-Intake Cleaner is the top choice for cleaning throttle body build-up. Safe for use in all fuel-injection system gasoline engines, whether throttle body, multi-port, or GDI, CRC Throttle Body & Air-Intake Cleaner is quick and easy to use, delivering easier starts and smoother performance.
Fuel injected gasoline engines (both throttle body & multi-port)
Complete Throttle Body Cleaning and Carbon Removal
CRC Throttle Body & Air-Intake Cleaner is a specially designed intake cleaner made for use in the shop or at home. Following a few simple steps, the throttle body will be ready for cleaning.
- With engine off, remove air intake duct to expose the throttle body. It may be necessary to remove the MAF sensor.
- Place a rag under the throttle body to collect runoff.
- Attach straw to spray button. Manually move butterfly valve back-and-forth while spraying; spray initially, stop and allow solvent to penetrate. Then spray again for maximum effect.
- Be sure to clean throttle linkages.
- Reassemble MAF, air intake duct, and filter.
Trust the makers of high-quality products like Brakleen to get your throttle body clean and your engine running smoothly. CRC Throttle Body and Air-Intake Cleaner is safe for use in fuel injection systems, including cars, trucks, tractors, motorcycles, boats, snowmobiles, and other recreational vehicles. CRC® knows parts cleaning!