Do you want to remove carbon buildup from the intake valve of your GDI engine without the expense of a costly tear down? CRC GDI IVD® Intake Valve & Turbo Cleaner is the solution you need! This intake valve cleaner uses a specialized formula to break down carbon deposits that choke your vehicle’s performance. Regular cleaning with CRC GDI IVD® Intake Valve & Turbo Cleaner will increase power and torque, stabilize rough idling, solve starting problems, and reduce vehicle emissions.
Air intake valves on GDI or standard fuel injected engines
Removes 46% of Carbon Deposits
Internal combustion can be messy in GDI engines. Without the flow of gasoline “washing” contaminants out of the valves, carbon and varnish build up over time. In the past, a thorough cleaning of the valves required expensive solutions like walnut shell blasting or a complete engine tear-down.
CRC offers an intelligent and cost-saving solution using PolyEther Amine (PEA) detergency. With CRC GDI IVD® Intake Valve & Turbo Cleaner, PEA molecules lift carbon deposits and burn or flush them out via the exhaust system. CRC offers the highest PEA concentration in the market, delivering a fast and thorough cleaning that also helps prevent future carbon buildup.
Highly Effective Cleaning to Solve Performance Issues
A dirty GDI Engine can cause several problems, including loss of power, poor acceleration, hard starting, rough idle, reduced fuel economy, and excess emissions. CRC GDI IVD® Intake Valve & Turbo Cleaner is formulated to break apart and remove stubborn, burnt on carbon deposits that otherwise reduce vehicle performance.
- Warm up the engine to operating temperature.
- For best results locate and spray directly through the throttle body (go to step 4). If space is tight, product may be sprayed upside-down. Avoid spraying sideways. If throttle body is not easily accessible, spray downstream of the MAF sensor.
- Fully engage (lift) the straw on the PermaStraw® Dual-Action Spray System and insert PAST the MAF sensor to avoid throwing a code.
- With engine running at 2,000 RPM, spray product in short, 1-second bursts until can is empty. If necessary, accelerate to avoid engine stalling during spray period. DO NOT exceed 3,500 RPM.
- Once can is empty, accelerate the engine 2 to 3 times without exceeding 3,500 RPM.
- Run at idle for one minute, then turn engine off.
- Reassemble air intake system and let engine heat-soak for one hour.
- Restart engine and drive at highway speeds for at least 10 minutes.
While this process is a bit more involved than typical “dump it in the gas tank and drive” cleaners, it is the solution you need for GDI engines. In-tank fuel additives have zero effect on GDI intake valves as the gasoline never washes through.
Use this intake cleaner every 10,000 miles, or at every oil change, to prevent deposit buildup.
Safe on Turbo and Super Charged Engines
GDI IVD® Intake Valve & Turbo Cleaner is effective on turbo, super-charged, and twin turbo systems. It will also work on engines with port fuel injection (PFI engine). It will not harm the oxygen sensor or catalytic converter.
Why suffer through the cost and the time of an engine tear down? GDI IVD® Intake Valve & Turbo Cleaner is an effective and affordable solution for cleaning intake valves. One treatment every 10,000 miles delivers peak performance in your GDI vehicle and an overall improved ride. Trust CRC to keep you moving!