A threadlocker is an anaerobic adhesive used on threaded metals that cures at room temperature in the absence of air. The adhesive completely fills the gaps between mating threads to lock and seal the threaded assembly.
Benefits of Using LOCTITE® Threadlockers
– Locks mating threads to prevent loosening from vibration & shock
– Seals against fluids & corrosion
– Provides lubricity to achieve controlled torque during assembly
– Works on active metals (e.g., brass, copper) as well as passive metals (e.g., stainless steel, plated surfaces)
– Resists extreme temperatures
– Applies easily and cures rapidly
Creative Engineering is now distributing ALL threadlockers from LOCTITE- Henkel. Yet in this article, we will introduce to you 4 most popular threadlockers suggested by our supplier Henkel and trusted by lots of our current customers.
1. Loctite 222: Low-strength Threadlocker
LOCTITE® 222 is a low-strength threadlocker that allows the adjustment of screws including countersunk head screws and set screws. Good on low-strength metals which could fracture during disassembly, e.g. aluminum or brass. The product works on all metals, including passive substrates such as stainless steel, aluminum and plated surfaces. It is proven to be tolerant of minor contamination due to industrial oils, e.g. motor oils, corrosion prevention oils and cutting fluids.
2. Loctite 243: Medium-strength Threadlocker
LOCTITE® 243™ is designed for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners which require normal disassembly with standard hand tools.
3. Loctite 263: High-strength Threadlocker
LOCTITE® 263 is a red, dual cure, acrylic dimethacrylate ester fluorescent threadlocker designed for the permanent locking and sealing of threaded fasteners. It cures between close fitting metal surfaces and prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration. It works on active metals (e.g. brass, copper) and passive substrates such as stainless steel and plated surfaces.
4. Loctite 290: Medium – High-strength Threadlocker
LOCTITE® 290 is a liquid medium/high-strength threadlocker designed for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners. Because of its low viscosity and capillary action, the product wicks between engaged threads and eliminates the need for disassembly prior to application. Ideal for locking preassembled fasteners.
Creative Engineering has been the official of Henkel – LOCTITE for 20 years now. Contact us to figure the best solution to optimise your business!