XIAMETER OFS-6020 Silane possesses both organic and inorganic reactivity. XIAMETER OFS-6020 Silane can react with organic polymers and glass or other inorganic mineral surfaces.
- Coupling agent
- Improved adhesion
- Increased wet and dry tensile strength and modulus to the composite
- Increased wet and dry flexural strength and modulus to the composite
- Increased wet and dry compressive strength
- Improved compatibility between inorganic filler and organic polymer
- XIAMETER® OFS-6020 Silane has been found to be an effective coupling agent for clay reinforced elastomers such as natural and nitrile rubber. The silane-treated clay provides improvement in both physical and dynamic properties compared to similar cured elastomers containing untreated clay.
- XIAMETER OFS-6020 Silane has been reported to be an effective coupling agent for mineral reinforced nylon 6, nylon 6/6 and polybutyleneterephthalate
- Fiberglass reinforced phenolic, melamine and epoxy thermoset composites, either as fiberglass finish or as resinous additive.
- As an additive to improve the performance of these types of thermoset resins when they are used as mineral binders in foundry and abrasive composite applications.
- Coupling agent for phenolic, melamine and other organic resins used as binders for glass and mineral wood insulation, abrasives and molding components.