Foam plate mounting tape designed to avoid plate lift (medium foam for printing combinations of screens and line work)
- tesa® 52821 Softprint Secure is a double-coated foam tape, designed specifically for print process security in wide-web flexographic printing. The revolutionary adhesive system is extremely solvent resistant, holds the edges, even of thick, photopolymer plates down on minimal diameter sleeves or cylinders. This makes this product the ideal solution for faster printing speeds, longer print jobs and designs that require minimal joins.
- The open side adhesive is designed to function on steel and sleeves. The covered side of adhesive is different and very solvent resistant.
- The medium foam makes this the ideal solution for printing combinations of screens and line work.
- Highly compressible foam, with superior recovery behavior for excellent print quality
- Long lasting recovery characteristic for extended and high speed print runs
- Low thickness tolerances for quick print preparation and reduced waste
- High solvent resistance that allows for in-press plate cleaning
- High bonding to plate to avoid edge lifting or plate movement
- High bonding on open side to steel cylinder or sleeve to avoid plate movement or compound lift
- Ideal bonding power for demounting of plate and tape
- Very cohesive adhesive structure for demounting without adhesive residues
- The structured PP-liner prevents the formation of air pockets when the plate is mounted
- The purple color marking indicates the medium-hard foam
|Backing materiala||PE foam|
|Thickness category||500 µm|
|Type of adhesive||acrylic|
|Type of liner||PP|